Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Dress

I suppose I've got some explaining to do.

Explaining about the big hole in my blog that was the month of December.  

It's true I stepped off the blog planet for a while but I wasn't headed to Christmas town.   Nope, for a brief time we entered the wintery, white and wonderful world of weddings!  






Ya see, during the holidays while everyone was out making merry,
  
                     and Ho, Ho, Ho-ing....

I was busy making marry,

                     and sew, sew, sewing.

I first introduced you to this adorable engaged couple back in October, and shared the  bridal shower with you here. It's hard to believe that December has come and gone and now I'm referring to my daughter as my Mrs. Baby Girl.

But I've got to take you back to the very beginning and share the fun of picking out the perfect dress.  

Oh, and I didn't mean to imply that I sewed the wedding dress. 
                 (After all this is a real life true things only blog) 
I just whipped up a couple of the bridesmaid dresses and a table runner, more on that later.


 "Something vintage, classic, with a little bit of sparkle and not strapless", said the bride. 

 Finding "The Dress" proved a little more difficult, especially the not strapless part.    
I suppose you've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your perfect prince of a dress, right?

But first I thought it would be fun to show you a few that didn't make the cut.  


THE BEDHEAD


Actually a really pretty crinkle fabric dress that would look great with loose tousled hair. 



 Not too vintage, 
                 not too classic 
                          and strapless (how would you add sleeves to that?)  

By my count that's three strikes.



THE TRAIN RIDE




Wow, that is a big, sturdy train. 

Too bad this one didn't work out. 

I know a few toddlers who would have loved to be dragged around the dance floor on the back of that thing. 

I can almost hear them giggling now.  



THE WONDER WOMAN




The accessory package included a groom-catching lasso!


THE PLANET HOLLYWOOD



Nice dress if you are Angelia Jolie headed to a swanky.......something. 

                        ....and there's that strapless problem again.


THE GETTING CLOSER DRESS


Not bad, she needed something with just a bit more sass.




It was so fun to watch the bride's best friend during this process.  

Her face was just like a bridal dress barometer, 
                               and you didn't need to be a weatherman to read the highs and lows.   


"Ummm, as your best friend in the world, there is something I need to tell you"

"Well, that one is .... interesting"

"That's it....totally and completely."





This could be the one...



.....just one more look at the back....




"This is the one mom...I am finally done with kissing frogs......forever"

She did make a few changes to the final dress, can you spot them?


THE DRESS






With the addition of a simple veil and a touch of jewelry, she was ready for the big day.

After the dress was decided on the rest of the planning seemed easy.

So if you love weddings, stick around. 

 There is more to share on the chapel decorations,
                 the flowers and 
                          the wedding brunch.    







PS: It' nice to be back on Planet Blog,  I've missed you all!


14 comments:

  1. Oh Lynn how gorgeous. I loved each and every pic of the modeling for us. All pretty, but in the end, that was it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all, and I hope that the beautiful bride and her groom are on their way to a happily ever after life :)

    She definitely chose the right dress, for her.

    friends,
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved several of the dresses--I agree the one she choose was right for her! When I got married I took 4 magazine ads to the bridal shop--they told me 3 of the ads were actually the same dress. That is the one I got. :) Weddings are so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Afternoon Lynn, Your daughter looked beautiful in her final choice of dress, it was just perfect. It was fun looking at the other dresses, but your daughter and her best friend definitely chose the right one. Don't you just love weddings. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is GORGEOUS!! Wow! Love all the choices but the one she settled on is perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great blog comeback, Lynn! I LOVE the dress your pretty daughter chose and she made a gorgeous bride! I can't wait to hear more!!

    XO,
    JAne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lynn, that is a perfect dress! She looks so beautiful!

    You're right though. When shopping with my niece for her wedding dress...EVERYTHING is strapless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter was a gorgeous bride and she couldn't have picked a more perfect dress!!! I imagine the day was a smashing success and can't wait to see more! Congratulations to the Mr. & Mrs.!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful. She looked good in all of them, but that one was certainly perfect. I remember going through that with my daughter seven years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous bride! Great photos of her in THE dress! Weddings can be stressful but I think they're so much fun to plan! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics. My first blog post was about my daughter's wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing like a wedding dress to make you smile. I can't imagine picking.. but that one is perfection. Simply stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She and the dress are just so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete